Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year

This year, I resolve to...be better about updating this blog! I've always been a pretty introspective person but it's somewhat difficult (ok, tedious if I'm being honest) for me to commit these thoughts to writing. You're probably thinking, then why bother? Believe me, I know this blog isn't a significant contribution to...well, anything.

My friend M also maintains a blog and expressed concern about the fact that hers doesn't have a specific theme. I say, who cares! I read stuff every day - articles, magazine snippets, hell, even advertisements in the ladies' room - that does absolutely nothing to enrich my life. Sometimes you just need a mental break, a change of perspective, or in my case, an outlet. I'm actually a pretty private person and it's not in my nature to blather about myself verbally, so...it's my blog and I'll blather if I want to. Just kidding.

Moving on. I hope you all had a fan-freakin'-tastic New Year's Eve (or Day - whichever one is the more exciting at your present stage in life). Hubs and I went to a good party with good friends and had a good time. Sounds pretty good, eh?




I'm so looking forward to this year. Frankly, 2008 was getting tiresome in our house. Nothing major - no health problems or serious issues, but the bad news just kept coming and it was getting old. But as a wise lady has often told me (thanks Mama), life is a bell-shaped curve. Things have started looking sunnier, and Hubs and I are excited about that.

On that note, I'll bring this rambling post full circle: I've left my job and am starting a new one in a few weeks. In the meantime, I'm enjoying a couple of weeks of much-needed mental relaxation, and I'll definitely be more attentive to the blog. So I want to know: are you excited for 2009? Why? Leave a comment and give me some more food for thought!

3 comments:

megan said...

Thanks for the no-point blog support! :) Wishing you an amazing 2009!!! I'm a smidge jealous of your time off before the new job - enjoy it! I hope your new job is fabulous.

Ps, you and Alex look H-O-T-T HOT on New Years! :)

Melissa said...

Damn, that is one hot couple. :)

Im excited for 2009 because IM GETTING MARRIED! And goodbye 2008, you were one of the worse years of my life.

Robin said...

LOVE the blue dress. You guys are smokin'! Happy New Year!