Tuesday, December 16, 2008

There's a goose in my office


Well, not really, but I'm sure my coworkers think so. I have a miserable cold and am letting out the most undignified honk of a cough every five minutes. I let Zachy sleep on our bed last night (shhhh) and I'm pretty sure I drove him away too.

As Murphy would have it, I have an appointment this afternoon and I REALLY don't want these particular peeps thinking this is par for course with me (e.g. cherry-red nose and accompanying snotrag). I already had a phone conference this morning with one of our clients, and I could practically hear her distaste coming through the wire. Who could blame her? I hate when people like me come to work sick, hacking and sneezing and touching every communal surface possible.

Poor Hubs. I gave him the scourge and he's traveling this week for work. At least I get to skulk home at the end of the day and get into our fluffy bed with clean sheets and a warm puppy. It's the little things.

No comments: