Saturday, January 17, 2009

Last week was crazy, hence the lack of posts. I started the new job and so far, everything is great! Everyone is incredibly nice and welcoming, including my boss. The work is interesting, the firm is great - life is good. I'm of course in my adustment period, so I'm a little frazzled because things are simply unfamiliar, but hopefully that will change soon.

We heard some bad news this weekend. Hubs' step-brother has advanced colon cancer and the prognosis isn't good. Not that it changes anything, but he and Hubs are not close (there is a big age difference and frankly, they don't know each other that well), but it still makes you evaluate the important things in your life. Which leads me to my next point...

The older I get, the more I appreciate my family. (I know, cue the Barbara Streisand music.) God knows mine isn't perfect, but the bottom line is, we love each other. And that matters more than anything. I wouldn't say I ever took mine for granted, but once you see how cruel and - maybe even worse, indifferent - some "families" are to one another, it really gives you a different perspective. I feel incredibly lucky that no matter what, my husband, mom, dad and brothers ALWAYS have my back!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So glad that you're settling into the new job well!