Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tamale train came to town


For months, Caeser's Mom and I had been eagerly anticipating the Tampa stop of So You Think You Can Dance. Even without Mary's psychotic outbursts, I'm pleased to report the show delivered.

The top eleven finalists from Season 4 were there, although Twitch didn't perform, due to an injury. My girl Katee is awesome - which I already knew, but watching her up close confirmed it. Everyone did a great job, naturally. My only grievance was the corny space fillers by Courtney and Gev - painful, drawn-out improvisations that all of the 14-year-olds surrounding us found hysterical.

But. Regardless of the sentimental "reach for the stars" mantra and tears from the dancers (it was their last tour stop), it was an amazing show. Most of my pics came out blurry since it was so dark in the arena, but I'll get a few up here.

No comments: